Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Well, what happens if a psycho wanders in?


So it's been a minute eh? That is the slight trouble with working in oils. I can't really post much until the current piece I'm working on is dry. And that takes about a week. And I SUCK at "in progress" shots. So my apologies to those of you with any interest in what I'm doing here. That being said, moving on...
This nifty fellow is the product of what I had last posted about. As you can see I kept him QUITE loose, actually, the next piece you see from me will be just as, if not MORE loose than this guy was. But I digress...as I had stated, I wanted to TRY to take a popular image and sort of do "my own thing" with it. And make it recognizable as a piece of my art specifically. I'm not sure if I succeeded, but I had a hell of a good time trying. Again. I'm still really trying to "feel around" with this medium and find my own style and niche. Hopefully it's slowly developing. And starting to show.
Back to the painting at hand, this guy is not too large, 8x10, on canvas board. I had started in oils using Masonite as my surface. But the more I work with the canvas boards, the more I enjoy it. And the more I like my results. I really had a lot of fun "pushing colors around" on this one to achieve my desired look. And I'm a fan of how the eyes on this one worked out too.
I already have another little piece done and drying. I'm trying to NOT take such long breaks between posts, hence attempting to get myself a bit ahead of the blog. And I have another piece in the works that will mark something WAY different for me. And inspired by a great friend and mentor. SO...with all that said...Stuff is happening! and I'm doing my best to keep up!
Until next time, which will be hopefully sooner rather than later...
ENJOY!

No comments: