Friday, March 27, 2009

As promised, something different...

The title says it all, though I'm sure all one of you who reads this thing was more than likely thinking I'd do something completely different from what I did.
So here...we...GO!
After my "glowy doomy skull of doom and glowiness FAIL!", I wanted to take a step back, try to clear my head, and move forward with a much more personal/meaningful piece. And honestly, can one get more personal than their own child? Possibly, but not likely. Moving on...
I used one of my favorite photos of my little princess as reference to this piece, she was a year and a half'ish old in the picture I think (she's 3 and a half'ish now), and I'm pretty sure the story behind it goes:
Jordan was eating a pancake whilst Laurie was taking pictures of her by the window of our old house. Laurie tried to take said pancake. Jordan got mad and said NO! And Laurie, being the wonderful photographer that she is, was able to snap a picture of her "NO! face". So a cheerful anecdote aside, giving credit where it is due, THANK YOU Laurie for taking such wonderful pictures of our little one so that I might use them as painting reference one day.
Back to the painting itself. I made it in one sitting. Probably about 5 or 6 hours total time spent on it. This is another little 5x7. And it makes me smile every time I look at it. This piece definitely made me feel a whole lot better about myself and where my art is at. Which I needed. So thank you again Laurie for the awesome photo. And thank you Jordan for being so damn cute!
I have NO IDEA what I'm on to next. Hopefully it's good!

No comments: